- This event has passed.
Design Thinking: Santa Cruz Works New Tech
This event primarily focuses on Design Thinking. Learn how companies and cities apply this methodology to solving complex problems with new products, architecture, housing, and community economic vitality.
The Community Presentation is by Sibley Simon, ED of New Way Homes. Sibley’s mission is to use design thinking to create a major new part of the housing development industry that is needed to solve California’s housing crisis.
Next, a panel discussion with David and Dean, moderated by Doug Erickson; audience Q&A as well:
- Dave Evans: co-founder of Stanford Life Design Lab, co-author of Designing Your Life, co-founder of Electronic Arts.
- Dean Hovey: founding partner of IDEO, Dean has applied Design Thinking to companies and to building economic vitality in underserved communities.
Additional presentations from:
- Aaron Brossoit / Golden Shovel Agency: Aaron’s company has help hundreds of Economic Development teams grow their communities with a unique software platform.
- Zoé Bezpalko / Autodesk: how can we combine sustainability with design and technology? Zoé will provide us with answers.
- Miguel Torres / TIBCO: Miguel will tell us about Project Dovetail, a model driven approach for blockchain smart contracts creation.
- Niall Macken, Damien Golbin / Spanner: local company Spanner has years of highly successful design projects.
- Scot Herbst / Herbst Produkt: learn Scot’s approach for designing successful brands and products.